We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Donna

  • The Donna is a syllabic Limerick, without requiring the anapestic rhythm. Created by Viola Berg, the verse should be witty and fun.

    The Donna is:
    • stanzaic, written in any number of quintains.
    • syllabic, lines of 8-6-4-4-6.
    • rhyme xabba, xcddc etc.




My Thanks to Judi Van Gorder for the wonderful resource at PMO

My Example Poem

Out at Second Base     (The Donna)

I couldn't undo her brassier,
and dammit how I tried,
for big boobs need,
they do indeed,
a strap that's pretty wide.

Exasperated, the girl said,
"Let's kiss and kiss some more."
I missed her flesh
but our lips meshed
until my lips were sore.

© Lawrencealot - March 22, 2014

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment