We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sestalena

9:56 AM
Form: Sestalena
Invented by: Caroline Ann Gordon on Allpoetry
syllabic  6/8/8/6/8/6
rhyme    a  b b a  b a
Length 6 lines
a Lines Iambic Trimeter
b Lines Iambic Tetrameter 



Example Poem

Apprenticeship     (Sestalena)

I found that gasoline
is not accelerant preferred
for burning work-site junk.  A nerd,
they let me learn just fine,
The boom! The bounce! I looked absurd.
The blast turned out benign.

Construction guys have fun
in teaching newbies with a sting.
First wheelbarrow I tried to bring
across a plank built run
On my first turn, I dumped the thing.
Applause by everyone.

The egg noodles were free
but changed the texture quite a bit
of my jam sandwich- a new hit.
My colleagues laughed with glee.
The jokes on me just never quit.
Yet, all were good for me.

The AM radio
that day in nineteen sixty-three,
announced the death of Kennedy
so that is how I know
when noodle sandwich jubilee
became a subdued show.

But thanking good old Zeus,
I transitioned from labor skills
to other ways to pay my bills.
So I have no excuse
my poems don't provide more thrills,
I'm just a bit obtuse.


  © Lawrencealot - January 10, 2013

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment