We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lisa Rima

This is a new form invented by Lisa La Grange of Allpoetry.

It consists of two or more quatrains of set syllabic length.
and with a specified rhyme pattern.
Syllable are: 8/8/8/3, and
Rhyme is: zzza

Meter is:
da da DUM da DUM da DUM da for the 8 syllable lines, and
da da DUM for the final line of each stanza.

(Anapest, amphibrach, trochee,  (same thing as Anapest, iamb, iamb) then
Anapest for line 4)



Example Poem












Pony Up

I suppose our band is corny,
and our plight about as thorny,
as a Bishop getting horny.
That's a bit.

Now John Wayne is bold and dashing,
and friend Clint is big on smashing,
and they both are really cashing
in on it.

The guitar I play beautif'ly,
I quaff my beers down dutif'ly
and play poker quite fruitfully
when I sit.

When required my firearm shooting
at the bandits who are looting
will just leave the children hooting
quite a bit.

It's for peanuts that we're playing
that's despite skill we're displaying
so if they do not start paying
I shall quit.

© Lawrencealot - August 24,2013




Here is a Visual Template:


No comments:

Post a Comment