We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Monday, March 18, 2013

CinqTroisDecaLa Rhyme


A CinqTroisDecaLa Rhyme
15 syllables per line
10 Lines
Rhyme scheme of AABBCCCABC
No meter is specified.

Formal poetic style by: Laura Lamarca


Example Poem

A Yellow Rose

A yellow rose to me is  like no other, nor can it be
for I was told of your own yellow rose before we ever
met. I decided your rose would be mine too when you first let
me  see it. Bouquets for you must include the yellow rose or
they stand incomplete. And I  never do or can pass one by
Without a quiet thought of you. No sweeter, perfume is sold
than I derive from one of those yellow fellows my  dearest.
Throughout our years of marriage, both the calm and boisterous times,
that flower has been significant to both of  us beyond
it's floral aspect. Not one day passed that we ignored the rose.

(c) Lawrencealot - April 5, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment