We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Reverse Word


This form was invented by  Walter E. Ferguson III.  aka, Thunder_Speech

The ONLY requirement of this form, is that you use reverse words where ever you might otherwise choose to use rhyme.  Instead of rhyming, the last words of the lines are spelled backwards (reversed) where rhymes would be.

Example Poem

Non-Olympic swimmer

I thought I'd swim a single loop
before I pulled the plug.
I jumped into our swimming pool
and promptly took a gulp.
I thought to myself "damn and rats"
and jumped out on my tarp.
I'll never be a swimming star,
while sitting on my prat.

© Lawrencealot - Septermber 26, 2012


Visual Template

No comments:

Post a Comment