We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

RemyLa Rhyme


The RemyLa Rhyme Form, a form created by Laura Lamarca, consists of 4 stanzas. 
Stanzaic: Each stanza has four lines.
Syllabic: 8/10/12/8
Rhymed: abcA defD ghiG jklj
The first word of stanza 1 must also be the last word of stanza 4.
Stanzas 1 throught 4 must begin with the last word of the previous stanza. 

I noticed everyone used alliteration and internal rhyme??
J1, x, x, x, x, x, x, a
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, b
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, c
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, A1

A1, x, x, x, x, x, x, d
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, e
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, f
x, x, x, x, x, x , x, D1

D1, x, x, x, x, x, x, g
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, h
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, i
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, G1

G1, x, x, x, x, x, x, j
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, k
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, l
x, x, x, x, x, x, x, J

Example Poem

 Cant Kick


Pants hanging around our butt-crack
We met, said "Howdy", got a bit rowdy
We'd rather play street ball, bounding and bouncing here
than go to the gym or the track.




Track my progress and you will find
I'm a kicker- and no one is quicker.
I simply own this ball game when played on this block.
I'm double-teamed and I don't mind.

Mind you that's in this neighborhood.
Today we we're aiming at taming foes
that kick a wicked ball in Homer's home ground.
There's never been a doubt they're good.

Good enough to stand a real chance.
With me doubled and tripled we did lose.
A loss costs the losers a high-wire pair of shoes.
Next time it could cost me my pants.

(Lawrencealot - June 22, 2012

Visual Template



No comments:

Post a Comment