We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Piaku


The Piaku form takes part of its name from the fact that the syllable count for each line matches the digits in Pi.

Form Type: Syllabic
Origins: American
Creator: Mike Rollins
Number of Lines: Unlimited
Rhyme Scheme: Not Applicable
Meter: Not applicable



Pasted from <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi>

Rules
1. Each line must be the same syllable length as the digit in that location in the PI sequence.

2. Poems may be of any length.

Pi:  3.14159 26535 89793


Examples
The Storm

Flash, Rumble
Rain
Awesome thunder
Wind
The wind will plunder
As did the pirates from on yonder
Raid, fall
Damn! My ship is sinking
The water stinging
Quivering
The storm moves onward
I'm tired, I'm cold, I sink, I die.


Mike Rollins

The Rain

I say old
man ,
listen to that
wind.
Walking is no fun
on a night when horizontal rains
transpire.
Scurry to the back yard
hurry quick then lie
by the fire.

(c) Lawrencealot - January 22, 2013


Visual Template


1 comment: