We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Wreath


A Wreath Poem is:
 Any poem which is constructed with or without  rhyme or fixed meter in which every line in to poem is linked to the line preceding it a word or by derivation of  a word  in the preceding line or by a homonym of that word,  or apparently by a derivative of a false rhyme of that word.
They are fun to read, AND write.

Example Poem:

Glued Wreath

I started this poem no topic defined.
Definitely sure something would occur.
Would you believe it? Still I cannot find
a foundation for words which I prefer.
The witch of sticky mucilage has stuck
My muse at large with two wheels off the track.
The traction needed now may call for luck.
Lucky I have been, I just came unstuck.

© Lawrencealot - May 2, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment